Amy loves to bring to life the work of contemporary composers. Past vocal performance highlights include:
• Tours and recordings with the Robert Ashley operas Improvement, Foreign Experiences and Now Eleanor’s Idea — Europe, Japan, U.S.; Nonesuch and Lovely Records
• A recital of songs by Marc Blitzstein (with tenor John Duykers and pianist Sarah Cahill) for the Other Minds Blitzstein Centennial
• “Work Around the World” by Aaron Gervais, for voice, live looping and percussion ensemble, at the 18th Other Minds Festival
• The leading role of Simone Weil in the Guillermo Galindo / Anne Carson opera Decreation: Fight Cherries
• Singer-drummer bird in Culture Clash’s musical The Birds (music by Michael Roth) at the Berkeley and South Coast Reps
You can hear Amy’s voice in a number of Leapfrog and Creativity educational toys, as well as in this short political animation Pirates and Emperors by Jim Coursey (2004).