Amy’s current live setup includes:
• Drumkat midi percussion controller
• Yamaha 01X MLAN mixer/effects/interface
• Yamaha I88X MLAN router (for ChiXtet only)
• Mobius looping software
• Logic Pro host application with Battery, Kontact, and Logic plug-ins
• Custom pink Sennheiser e935 microphone
• Optional custom Blippoo Box analog synth with proximity-sensor antenna, Roland VP-70 harmonizer, slide whistle, kazoo, pink ukulele and other toys.
HOW IT WORKS: All sounds are either sung and played in real time, live-looped, or triggered with a drum hit. For each song or song section, Amy has programmed 12 drum pads to perform a variety of functions such as triggering a synth sound or sample, instructing the looper to begin recording or overdubbing, or sending messages to a digital mixer to change levels or effects. As Amy cycles through the songs using a foot pedal, she brings up completely new configurations of drum pads, effects, looping setups and electronic sounds. Other than short samples, Amy makes a point of using as little pre-recorded sound as possible, actually playing all of the material.