• Writing a piece for the Truman State University percussion ensemble, to premiere in October. They’re good! Look/listen. My piece, entitled Crowd Source, is for voice and 10 players (including 4 steel drummists). The lyrics were (mostly) crowd-sourced.
• Learning and writing music for December CalPerformances premiere of They Will Have been So Beautiful — my collaboration with the Paul Dresher Ensemble in which we perform photography-insired songs by 10 composers, including Paul and myself. Tickets are on sale Here, Now.
• Enjoying singing and recording with this fabulous band Vacuum Tree Head for their forthcoming CD extravaganza.
And in the planning stages:
• Creating my own interpretation (voice and electronic percussion) of Jerry Hunt’s classic 40-minute song cycle Song Drapes, to be performed at reiheiM series, Cologne, Germany, spring 2015.
• Finishing up the recording of my Fill as Desired song cycle for Solstice vocal ensemble, for a spring 2015 CD release.
• Then for the rest of 2015 will be hard at work on Hunger Strike for the San Francisco Chamber Orchestra with the Squid Inc. string quartet, voice, and live electronics; spring 2016 premiere.
And slowly amidst all that, enjoying the occasional spurt of solo weirdness, recording new studio songs in once-a-month day-long ICS sessions. Eventually this will result in a new release for your Spotifying pleasure.
-ing -ing -ing!